Are You Having Trouble Getting Traffic To Your Website
The biggest question website and blog owners ask these days is “how do I get traffic?” It is definitely much harder with the growth spurt of the Internet or is it?
Getting traffic actually is easy when you get rid of all the stupid things you have been told in the past and decide to really learn traffic generation from an expert.
More on that later.
I am going to tell you about someone that gets as many as a 100,000 VISITORS A DAY
There are THOUSANDS of ways to get traffic to your website. Below are some of the most common methods that are taught or have been taught…
Most don’t work or by the time they do work you may be 6 feet under! In other words they are to slow. I’m 55 years old and I don’t have time to wait years for these traffic methods to get me enough traffic that I can make a good living…
Nope don’t have time for that.
But here are some methods that you can get a trickle of traffic from that 99% of the people will teach you. I have my own thoughts on why GURU’S would teach you these methods but I don’t have time for that here.
1. Learn Search Engine Optimization – this is probably the way that most people teach you to get traffic and probably the hardest too. Search engine traffic is highly targeted traffic people who are searching the web for a specific item. If they get to your site after searching for it, you’re almost guaranteed a visitor that may be interested in what you have.
The problem… SEO changes so much now that only true experts can keep up with it and it’s just to slow. Having said that I do still use keywords and try to do a little onsite SEO on my blogs posts although I am doing it less and less.
2. Get links from other sites – It’s important to get your site name out there.
So getting links from several other sites, even your competitors helps! I used to buy a lot of backlinks to help get my pages ranked better. Pretty much stopped doing that now also.
3. Post on Forums – When you post on highly trafficked forums, BE SURE to put your website link in your signature! This is a highly effective form of marketing, especially if the forum you are posting at is relative to your site content. I just have never done much of this. Another slow method that will take a ton posts to get decent traffic.
Nothing wrong with doing it if you have the spare time.
Notice time is a big theme here… Or not wanting to spend all my time on these slow methods to get traffic…
Be sure you understand I am not talking about getting rich quick here. But I don’t want to waste another 6 years on these puny traffic methods.
4. Use Email Signatures – Make it easy for your customers to contact you! When they write to you and ask for more information, be sure that you are using a signature with your site URL and name inside of it. That way if they want to retrieve it later, it’s easier for them than having to memorize your URL and open a web browser.
Common sense one but don’t expect much traffic from it. Good for people that are already connected with you in some way.
5. Join Facebook Groups – This is pretty much the same as forums. Join groups that pertain to your site’s content and advertise (but don’t spam!!) your site there. A lot of groups do not allow any advertising.
Some people use Facebook chatting to get customers. Just not my thing. Got better things to do than talk on Facebook all day. This will get you some customers if you get good at it. Not traffic really but customers are what we want anyway.
6. Post on free classifieds sites – Sites like Craig’slist or other free advertising classifieds sites will accept your site for free! Just do a Google search for “free classifieds” and you’ll see a ton of sites come up where you can promote your site!
You know this may sound weird coming from me but these sites can get you traffic…
But not the free ad placements.
Again if you know what you are doing. I have used Craigslist and Backpage myself in the last year. I got traffic but that’s about it. Most people don’t know there are paid ads on Craigslist. These work the best. The free will get you some traffic if you have a good ad but no real customers. Just some traffic.
7. Buy Banner Ads – If your monthly budget allows, you can buy some banner ad space for your site. Find another site that pertains to your site’s content and ask them what their advertising prices are. In other words put banners on other peoples websites.
The mainstream free marketing people will tell you this doesn’t work anymore…
Don’t listen to them…
Banners flat out work.
8. Hold Auctions – Ebay gets TONS of traffic a day, while you’re not allowed to post your site URL within your auction listings, you are allowed to put it in your “about me” page. So think about listing some of your products as auctions and advertise your URL.
Hmmm… definitely not going to get a lot of traffic. But I make good money on eBAY every month and I do no auctions. Wonder how? Click here for more information.
9. Offline advertising – Get custom t-shirts, bumper stickers, car decals, etc made for your site URL. Then whenever you are out in public, you are passively advertising yourself!
… Don’t waste your time or money on this one unless you got nothing else to do.
10. Write articles – Writing articles that pertain to your niche used to be an excellent way to get traffic. Just write a short, informative article of 5-6 paragraphs and submit it to any article directories that accepts article submissions and make sure that your article includes a link back to your site in your “author biography”.
… Due to Google changes writing articles is not that effective anymore. You would need more articles out there than 99% of us will write. Used to be good but there are more effective ways now.
11. Submit press releases – Even if your site is a small work from home site
(i.e. “Barb’s Candles”) it is newsworthy! Submit a press release about it. Actually you can get press releases written and submitted on Fiverr. One will not do you much good. You need a new one every month about something on your site or that pertains to your niche.
12. Have Great Interactive Content – People will bookmark your site if you have interactive and dynamic content. Have polls, message boards, interactive games, news items, guest books, item of the day….whatever! Just make the site relevant and have good SUBSTANCE in your site content.
Now To Really Learn About Getting Traffic
How would you like to learn from someone that gets as many as 100,000 visitors to his site and 40,000 leads in one day.
You might want to read that again.
He has won every affiliate contest he has entered the last 5 or 6 years. I have known about him for about 2 or 3 years. He is only 29 years old and made over 3 million dollars online last year. He made over $700,000 in one month.
He is simply amazing. He uses a lot of techniques but none that were mentioned above. I take that back. I think he may buy banners.
He has some free trainings that you can watch here. They will open your eyes to say the least.
Most of the stuff he does is paid traffic. You can’t get the type of traffic he gets screwing around with free stuff. But the knowledge he has about conversions and sales funnels is worth it’s weight in gold.
It’s worth to watch his free training and see how he explains traffic, leads and conversions.
I call him the traffic master. He truly is and I am soaking up everything I can get from him so I never have to worry about getting traffic again. As he says traffic is the easiest part once you learn how… Most of us never learn how!
Let’s Get Some Traffic!